P117 CEEFAX 117 Mon 25 Dec 23:51/11       HOME  BURNT MAN SENT 80 MILES FOR TREATMENT A man seriously burnt in a fire in Greater Manchester was sent on an 80- mile trip to a Birmingham hospital because no beds were available locally. Harry Butler, 48, was badly burnt in a fire at his flat in Ashton under Lyne. He was initially taken to Tameside General Hospital but it said that because of the nature of his infuries it was unable to treat him. See 131 A spokesman for Tameside hospital said doctors tried 10 local hospitals but no intensive care beds were available. Mr Butler is said to be "very poorly".  Next News Home News Politics Travel